Tag Heuer Ladies Watches In Pakistan - What It Was Like to Pull Into Pakistan on a Destroyer and See the Sites

Tag Heuer Ladies Watches In Pakistan - What It Was Like to Pull Into Pakistan on a Destroyer and See the Sites

Tag Heuer Ladies Watches In Pakistan - We were supposed to tie up to a pier in Karachi, Pakistan, but there were some problems when we pulled in, we were a destroyer that carried nuclear weapons, and the people of Karachi, did not want our ship tied up to the pier. so some rule, was we had to anchor out at least one mile, from shore.

We were able to do that, and the ride into land, on smaller boats, we always bring with us, whenever we go on a deployment, was not to bad a ride into shore. There were lots of boats around, so there was something to see everywhere you looked.

Before we pulled into port in Karachi, Pakistan, we were told about what to do, and what to avoid doing, just like any other port, we pull into. For Pakistan, the Navy told us, don't eat any of the products that contain refrigerated items, because you might get sick, and other things like that, they would tell us to watch out for.

They told us, that the Holiday Inn, in Karachi, was the best place to eat. It was very expensive to stay there, and most everyone stay on the ship at night time. Almost everyone from the ship, ate their meals at the Holiday Inn, because that was the only place, anyone really felt safe eating, the food.

I remember walking down the streets of Karachi, Pakistan, and thinking to myself, "My God, this place is just like I used to think it would look like, when I was a kid, and we would sit around the table for dinner, and my dad would watch the news, and Walter Kronkite would be on, while we ate dinner, at the same time, most evenings." When I was walking down the road, which you do in Karachi, since there really is, no sidewalk, for anyone to walk on.

The road would be so damaged looking. The roads would be littered with big junks of boulders, or concrete pieces, and old tires, and stuff was just thrown just about anywhere on, and in the middle of the road, it seemed to me. We would not see any ladies around.

If we did see any woman, they would all be dressed in black, from head to toe, pretty much everything was covered up, except for their eyes. Pakistan was the first country I had been to, that had woman dress up that way, just like I used to see on TV, as a kid. I can't believe the woman put up with it, but these countries are way back in time, if you ask me.

Me and the guys wondered, "How you would get laid in this country? Where was all the pussy, we wanted to know." It was not there, and no alcohol either. I remember walking down the street, and I went over to this one cement wall, and it did not have any glass in the window, but it did have bars across the front of it. When I looked in, I saw two woman inside, and they were still dressed in the black garbs they wear outside, then one of them saw me, and yelled something in their language, and I kept on going, back up the road.

We could not find any drinking places, to get a drink, when we were in Pakistan. It must of been one of those places, where alcohol was strictly forbidden. I do remember the town, had some very nice shopping places to shop at. it was one of the better shopping places, for leather items, brass, and green onyx items.

On the ship, they told us this was a good place to buy gems, brass, green onyx, and leather, so everyone bought mostly all those type of items. I did not know anything about jewelry, or gem stones, but other guys sure did. Some of them spent a lot of money buying different type of precious stones.

I bought a lot of brass items, green onyx items, and a nice brown leather jacket, that I still have. I bought a nice leather jacket, dirt cheap. I bought another jacket in Hong Kong, but I had that tailor made to me, they bring you a beer, measure you, and you come back the next day, and your jacket is ready. I paid more for that one, but it fit me perfectly.

The one thing I did, that still gives me the chills today, when I think about it, was when I was walking down the street by the shopping section, I saw a guy playing a flute in front of a basket. I wondered what he was doing, and I wondered what was in the basket?

I walked over and stood about 12 inches next to the basket, because I wanted to see what was inside. I did not even think, a big ass king cobra snake, was coming out of it. The lid came off the basket, and this big ass snake came out, and I was standing right next to the basket, I about had a heart attack, and then I slowly stepped back a few feet.

I looked and watched the snake come out more, and then I realized, "What the hell am I doing, these people probably never even heard of the United States, they don't care what happens to me, I better be more careful, of what I am doing."

I thought about the cartoons I saw on TV as a kid, where the guy with the turban hat, that is wrapped high around his head, and he is playing a flute, and a big snake comes out of the basket. I could not believe that this stuff is actually real, and then there were other men, sitting around, playing their flutes, and snakes would come out of their basket as well.

Pakistan was not funnest place to pull into, the town was dead dry, the woman were off limits, but the shopping made up for it, and we were not in that country, for very long anyway.

Vince Stead has written 13 books so far, one called "Navy Fun". He was in the navy for 8 years as a Yeoman, and he visited 16 countries, and went around the world in 1986. He was on a destroyer, a submarine tender, a short stint on an aircraft carrier, and 4 years shore duty at a VAW squadron.

He has worked for himself for the last 20 years, and lives in San Diego.

You can find his books at places like Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and even his own website at http://www.vincestead.com

You can get every one of his books as a book at regular price, and you also get them as digital downloads for only $2.99 each.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Vince_Stead/758989
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5718081